Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > MS906 Bottom Row of Icons No Longer Func...
MS906 Bottom Row of Icons No Longer Function

1011 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2021-02-24 20:39:50

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    danohall
    2020-12-07 20:14:39
    The bottom row of icons have stopped working on my unit.  Seems like this happened after recent firmware update.  Icons I'm referring to are the back arrow, home, tabs, browser, camera, etc.

If the unit rotates to page mode the icons will work.

Any ideas? 

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2020-12-10 21:47:30 (Reply to:danohall)

The screen needs replaced. At least that is what tech support told me about my 908P.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    danohall
    2020-12-11 22:22:50 (Reply to:Kevin H)
     Unit has never been dropped/abused and looks new.  Don't think it's the screen.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    kelkam98

2021-02-24 20:39:50 (Reply to:danohall)

Same issue here. Top & bottom icons do not respond at all. Center of screen okay. Sent it in for diagnostics & was floored with the results. First the screen needed to be replaced. I have the Chinese version of the unit so I was told it had to be  flashed to US version and an updated operating software installed. ( I bought this unit from the Autel Website)  Now here is the kicker. You are required to upgrade the TCP (total care program) software which is part of the repair. The repair itself was $300, but they charged an additional $495 for the TCP. Total cost $795. After searching around to see if I can buy just the unit updated (besides ebay) for a cheaper price, I paid to have it done because they would not initiate the repair unless the TCP was paid. Sounds fuzzy, but I need the unit to troubleshoot make repairs.
  Total1 Pages